Si necesita ayuda con asesoramiento para procedimientos penales, comuníquese con la embajada de su país.
If you are not a U.S. citizen and you have been arrested in the U.S. contact your country's consulate or embassy for assistance.
The Embassy may be able to:
- Provide a list of local attorneys who speak your language
- Contact the family, friends, or employers of the detained person with their written permission
- Visit the detained person and provide reading materials
- Help ensure that prison officials are providing appropriate medical care
- Provide a general overview of the local criminal justice process
- Inform the person of available resources to assist victims of crime
The Embassy will not be able to:
- Get anyone out of jail
- State to a court that anyone is guilty or innocent
- Pay legal, medical, or other fees
Encuentre su país en esta lista para ubicar la embajada más cercana.
Find your country on this list to locate the your country's embassy.